Director of Children and Community Programming
All Souls Unitarian Church (ASUC) of Indianapolis, IN seeks a 30 hour a week Director of Children’s and Community Programming (DCCP). This person will direct our Religious Education program and work to develop, direct and execute programming that will:
· support All Souls children and youth as they explore and deepen their Unitarian Universalist faith;
· attract visitors and actively engage our members and local community beyond Sunday mornings;
· deepen our practices and identities as people committed to inclusion, equality, and justice.
ASUC looks to build upon our Sunday program, to add outward looking programming, and to equip people to live competently and comfortably in a diverse world. We have wonderful children and families, engaged and excited youth, ample space, and a commitment to partnership and social justice.
ASUC seeks an energetic, strategic, organized person with an entrepreneurial spirit who loves children and youth, thrives in demanding spaces, and brings a problem-solving mindset.
1. Grow and lead our children and youth programs Sunday morning, and during the week.
2. Encourage community engagement and involvement
3. Develop materials such as reports, articles, blogs, advertisements, brochures, etc. to support promotional campaigns for All Souls’ children and community programming
4. Collaborate with worship team to support multigenerational worship
5. General and Budgetary Record-keeping
6. Supervise any relevant support and program staff; recruit and support volunteer teams
-For more details, review the listing on our website Resumes will be accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org until position is filled. Benefits include 60% health insurance paid after the trial period and pension after one year.
· Understanding of and respect for Unitarian Universalist (UU) polity, principles and theology. Prefer UU affiliation
·B.A. or equivalent. Prefer B.A. or Master’s in Education related field
·Experience with education, program development and management, and supervision of volunteers.
·Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
·Overall comfort with and willingness to use digital tools to run a 21st century program (i.e. social media, instant messaging, etc)
·Prefer credentialing as a religious education professional under the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA)
ASUC’s Employer Values Statement
All Souls Unitarian Church endeavors to live our mission in every way, including through our employment policies and practices. As an inclusive and justice-seeking community, we follow best practices for fair and unbiased hiring and compensation, including following UUA salary guidelines.